Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Stop domestic violence




Sorry about my prolonged absence from my blog. Its a really long story. While I was on sabbatical something happened that changed me. A very good friend of mine was abused by her husband and he almost killed her. This experience brought close to home grave injustice that is called domestic violence. I was so flipping mad when it happened that I put her husband on blast by plastering his number all over the Internet and encouraged people to tell him not to kill his wife.

This terrifying made me open my eyes and ears to this menace of domestic abuse. Dubbed the 'indoor killer', its experienced by so many people of all races ,all over the world. People lend your voice to this crime against humanity .Don't let the victim become a corpse , because it could be your sister, mother, daughter, best friend, cousin or even you, yes you!

If you are in Lagos, Nigeria you can contact
The office of the public defender
2/8 Iyun road,
Barrack bus stop,
Surulere

130 Ikorodu road
Lagos
Their services are 100% free

Also you can get in touch with

Project Alert ( An ngo on violence against women)

21, Akinsanya street,
Off Isheri road,
Taiwo street,
(behind FRSC)
Ojodu berger Lagos
234-1-8209387, 08052004698, 08180091072

If you are in Abuja, you can also reach project alert at

26, Bamenda street,
Off Abidjan street,
Wuse zone 3
244-8708618

projectalert@projectalertnig.org


 

No comments:

Post a Comment